- Our four friends met through battle on a field filled with orcs.
- As they realized the battle wasn’t going their way – a fact made obvious by the every increasing number of adversaries – they realized discretion was the better part of valor and decided to flee in the direction of their destination, the Knotted Oak.
- As they ran, descending the mountain, they lost their pursuers, eventually coming upon a man-made path that led into a sunny vale, a “bowl” inside the center of the hostile mountain range.
- Vilurian, fearing for the safety of the residents, tried to warn them. But his alarm was met with curiosity, mirth and a child who teleported out of the Dark Elf’s grasp.
- Ruric, tried to determine if any presence of the fae was detectable. Oddly enough, despite fae magic existing across the world, there was an absolute dearth of it in the valley.
- Hrolth, tired of the party’s efforts to learn more of the strange valley decided his time was best served entering the Knotted Oak.
Next up … the Knotted Oak, new opportunities and a new benefactor.